Tim Tam Slam from Biscuit Suite
for String Ensemble Grade 1 - Grade 2 LevelLevel 2
by Karen De Nardi
View score here
- Tim Tam Slam - an 80’s pop-rock inspired groove.
- This piece is a fun favourite.
- Many of the passages are rhytmically in unison so it holds together well in performance.
- It also features ‘new’ techniques for the ensemble. This piece introduces a jazz technique of falling off a note ending. This is often heard in vocal music or in horn lines. There is a glissando slide to begin the cello riff and some in the violin 2 and viola parts in section B.
- The piano part is optional.
- Instrumentation violin 1, violin 2, viola/violin 3, cello, double bass, piano
Tim Tam Slam from The Biscuit Suite - Grade 1 - Grade 2 Level String Ensemble